Make sure you protect your investment! A diamond may be a girl’s best friend but a fur is a member of the family.
Like anything else of value, a beautiful fur needs to be properly maintained.
Here are some steps we strongly recommend.
- Cold Storage. Needs to be done every spring/summer season. Heat, humidity and moths present the greatest dangers and can easily destroy any fur – even a brand new one! Our cold storage vaults are the safest place in the world to store your treasured outerwear.
- Cleaning and Conditioning. Annual cleaning and conditioning works wonders. Our process gently cleanses every hair on the fur to maintain its beauty, luster and suppleness. This conditioning is responsible for replenishing the natural oils in your fur. Not because it is dirty, but as a preventative measure.
You will notice the difference!
Practice good wearing habits
- Avoid carrying heavy handbags that rub against your fur.
- When sitting in your coat always unfasten your closures.
- Be sure to hang your fur on a specially designed fur hanger that evenly distributes the weight.
- If the fur gets damp or wet, hang it in a well-ventilated area to dry. Keep away from any heat source. Once it dries, shake it briskly.
- NEVER store your fur in a cedar chest or any other type of bag (travel bags are meant for travel purposes only).
- Attend to repairs. Regardless of how trivial, the smallest rips and tears should be handled immediately. If neglected, future repairs may require additional matching pelts, which can be costly.
Consult Your Fur Expert. Our professional staff consists of the most knowledgeable people in the fur trade. Feel free to call us anytime!